Spirit of China & the Yangtze River Exclusive tour with a MAX of 26 Passengers. We have secured accommodations at some of the finest…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
Spirit of China & the Yangtze RiverExclusive tour with a MAX of 26 Passengers. We have secured accommodations at some of the finest hotels in and we guarantee a smaller group size to allow us into some truly signature & unique locations including 5 star hotels.
Book today and SAVE
CAD (Land Only)
CAD per person
0 CAD for Intra Air Tour
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Cosmos, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $562. Required intra-vacation air segments are: Shanghai/Yichang; Chongqing/Xi’an; Xi’an/Beijing. Air prices in this brochure were effective on August 14, 2019, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local guides are available for pre-purchase on the base vacation. For vacations that include an extension to the base, pre-paid gratuities only include the base portion. Any additional gratuities would need to be paid on trip.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$615 to $630Triple Rooms are not available.Extra Nights per person in Shanghai:in single room $115; in twin room $63Extra Nights per person in Beijing:in single room $109; in twin room $60
Pricing includes roundtrip airfare and all taxes and fees from Canada. Limit of 4 passengers per departure.
- SHANGHAI, CHINA. Welcome to Shanghai, China’s largest city and center of trade. Hotel rooms are available for a mid-afternoon check-in.
- SHANGHAI. Sightseeing today includes a stroll through the Old Town and the beautiful YU YUAN GARDENS, a place of peace and tranquility in this bustling city. Visit the SHANGHAI MUSEUM, where superb antiquities and fine arts dating back 6,000 years are on display. Walk along the famous Bund with its colonial architecture and explore Nanjing Road, the city’s main pedestrian and shopping area. (B,L)
- SHANGHAI–YICHANG (EMBARKATION)–YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE. Enjoy your morning at leisure before a short flight brings you to Yichang. Upon arrival, board your 4-night CRUISE through the breathtaking Three Gorges of the Yangtze. (B)
- CRUISING: THREE GORGES DAM. Start your day with a visit to the THREE GORGES DAM site. Afterward, watch endless dramatic vistas unfold before you as your ship passes through the serenely beautiful Xiling Gorge, the Yangtze’s longest. (B,L,D)
- CRUISING: WU GORGE–QUTANG GORGE. Today, disembark for a BOAT EXCURSION down Shennong Stream. Along the way, see picturesque scenery and the mysterious hanging wooden coffins. Before returning to your ship, you will also board a wooden boat on a smaller section of the stream, where the crew will sing songs as you glide across the stunning deep emerald-green waters surrounded by densely forested hills. Later, sail through two of the three gorges—Wu Gorge, known for its forest-covered mountains, and Qutang, the shortest but most dramatic gorge. (B,L,D)NOTE:Depending on river conditions, the boat excursion may be on the Goddess Stream.
- CRUISING: JADE EMPEROR SCENIC AREA. Your SHORE EXCURSION today takes you to the Jade Emperor Scenic Area, featuring a 100-foot-tall statue depicting the Jade Emperor, an important deity in Chinese Taoism. Return to your ship where the afternoon is at your leisure to enjoy a variety of onboard activites. (B,L,D)NOTE:Depending on river conditions, an alternate excursion may be offered.
- CRUISING: CHONGQING (DISEMBARKATION)–CHENGDU. Disembark your cruise in Chongqing, and transfer to the train station to board your BULLET TRAIN to Chengdu. On arrival, visit the GIANT PANDA RESEARCH BASE and marvel at these beautiful animals. (B)
- CHENGDU–XI’AN. Today, fly to Xi’an, the former ancient capital. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)
- XI’AN. Today, enjoy a visit to the first emperor’s funeral vault to see the amazing TERRACOTTA WARRIORS. Nothing will prepare you for this incredible display of 8,000 life-sized model warriors, chariots, and horses. Later, visit the ancient CITY WALL, built in 1378 and surrounding the city. The balance of the day is at your leisure. (B,L)
- XI’AN–BEIJING. Take a WALKING TOUR through the lively Muslim Quarter to explore the Islamic food markets. This afternoon, fly to Beijing, the capital of China and the country’s political, social, and historical hub. (B)
- BEIJING. Sightseeing today includes a stroll through TIAN’ANMEN SQUARE past Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum. You’ll also visit the treasure-filled FORBIDDEN CITY, the largest and best-preserved collection of ancient buildings in China. During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, it was home to emperors as well as the center of politics. (B)
- BEIJING. The GREAT WALL OF CHINA once stretched 4,000 miles across China’s barren northern terrain from the Bohai Sea to the Gobi Desert. Head north to a village where the Great Wall is well preserved and walk along the wall to enjoy sweeping vistas of this mammoth fortress. This evening your dinner features the local delicacy, PEKING DUCK. (B,L,D)
- BEIJING. Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
This is truly one of the most luxurious, deluxe, first class coach tours we have ever offered – SECURE YOUR SPOT TODAY Call us toll-free at 1-888-824-9666 for more details!
Private, deluxe, air-conditioned motorcoach while touring
SHANGHAISightseeing with a Local Guide including headsets; visit Yu Yuan Gardens and the Shanghai MuseumYANGTZE RIVER CRUISEFour-night cruise through the Three Gorges, including a tour of the Three Gorges Dam Site, a boat excursion on Shennong Stream, and a shore excursion to the Jade Emeperor Scenic AreaCHONGQING–CHENGDUTravel by bullet trainCHENGDUVisit the Giant Panda Research BaseXI’ANSightseeing with Local Guide including headsets; visit the Terracotta Warriors and the City Wall; walking tour through Muslim quarterBEIJINGGuided city sightseeing including headsets; visit Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall; Peking Duck dinner